2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Obsidian - Engine Failed at 75mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat8CAr76

Reaction score
My 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Obsidian engine failed.

I was driving at 75 miles/hour when this happened. We were on the freeway. Thank God nothing bad happened.
I know there is a known issue with the 6.4L engine due to weak valves and subsequent valve failure. But I didn't expect it would happen to me.
Is this issue really that common? What can I do in this situation? Do you think putting a new engine in would work? Has anyone kept his GW after such an experience? I think there are chances it will happen again. Don't you think?

I would appreciate some thoughts, please!

Man, from all I'm reading, this is getting ridiculous. I've got the same 6.4L in my Ram 2500 and haven't had a single issue. Maybe it's just a bad batch of engines or something. I hope you're still under warranty. I've heard good things about the replacement engines they've been putting in.

My 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Obsidian engine failed.

I was driving at 75 miles/hour when this happened. We were on the freeway. Thank God nothing bad happened.
I know there is a known issue with the 6.4L engine due to weak valves and subsequent valve failure. But I didn't expect it would happen to me.
Is this issue really that common? What can I do in this situation? Do you think putting a new engine in would work? Has anyone kept his GW after such an experience? I think there are chances it will happen again. Don't you think?

I would appreciate some thoughts, please!
This is sad to hear, and very strange that so many of these are happening. The 6.4 engine has been around for a while in the Ram 2500, unless it's a different engine.

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back