is the all new jeep wagoneer reliable? Newbie here :))

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

driftking21

Reaction score
Hey folks, my 2016 fordExplorer is giving me a headache with its transmission problems. I paid a lot for it and I'm really annoyed. I'm thinking of getting the new Wagoneer instead. But I'm worried about how reliable it is, especially with the electric and tech stuff. Any Wagoneer owners here who can share their experience?

Last edited:
Owner of a series 2 Jeep Wagoneer Carbide with the 5.7L Hemi V8. Even after 8,000 miles, it remains incredibly comfortable to drive. The only drawback is the occasional Uconnect system crash. Overall, this is a fantastic suv!!!

Hey folks, my 2016 fordExplorer is giving me a headache with its transmission problems. I paid a lot for it and I'm really annoyed. I'm thinking of getting the new Wagoneer instead. But I'm worried about how reliable it is, especially with the electric and tech stuff. Any Wagoneer owners here who can share their experience?
Not trying to scare you off, but maybe I just got unlucky with a lemon. My 2022 Wagoneer's engine died completely, and the dealer can't fix it. Apparently, a valve broke and lodged itself in a cylinder. Pretty rough for a 2022 model, right?

To be honest, with that huge price tag, I'd suggest you get another vehicle instead. First of all, Jeep is still ironing out the kinks with the Hurricane engine. Many Wagoneer owners have reported problems, which could lead to repair headaches down the road. If I were you, I'd wait for a couple more years until they get to resolve the underlying issues. Can't deny though that the car is fun to drive and is very refined.

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back