Terrible Radio experience with 2023 Wagoneer L series 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent007

Reaction score
This is my first post here, and I have long one

I purchased a brand new 2023 Wagoneer L series 2 in April, and had to drive 3 hours with a friend to pick it up. While checking, I saw that the head unit was dead and it is crazy how they claimed to not notice till I arrived. We couldn't go back home empty handed, so we drove it back with hopes to start the warranty process through a local dealer close, and this is where things got pretty interesting.

On the first visit they saw that the radio was dead, so a new one was ordered. On another visit to replace the radio unit, it worked for 2 hours and boom, dead again! On the third visit, they replaced the radio and the screen, then the rear seat entertainment started working.

Whenever I connect my phone wirelessly using both direct/Uconnect and Carplay, the radio locks up completely and the damn thing won't turn off, only the phone function works right now, and connecting with cable works fine too.

The navigation system is so messed up too, it freezes and sometimes shows me in a random location like Arizona. I have tried a two-button reset, it updates correctly but during navigation, the navigation still jumps around, pointing to the wrong direction then it locks up again. I dont think this is a phone issue since the phone navigation works just fine even when it is not connected to the car, it seems the phone is getting bad location info from the car.

I have taken it for another diagnosis, and it is been with them for 3 days now, and what they are telling me is that they want to replace the radio again! it is crazy, we have been going in circles with the issue. I am cant even say if it is the incompetency of the local dealer or a manufacturer issue

I am considering starting the process of forcing a refund through the attorney generals office using the NY lemon law, and it looks like Jeep is starting a buyback program, which looks like a way to keep their reputation clean, I have been frustrated! The car is exactly what my family needs, but it is a shame this is happening

How will a $80k car have a worse infotainment than my mid spec 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn. I am tired man

This is my first post here, and I have long one

I purchased a brand new 2023 Wagoneer L series 2 in April, and had to drive 3 hours with a friend to pick it up. While checking, I saw that the head unit was dead and it is crazy how they claimed to not notice till I arrived. We couldn't go back home empty handed, so we drove it back with hopes to start the warranty process through a local dealer close, and this is where things got pretty interesting.

On the first visit they saw that the radio was dead, so a new one was ordered. On another visit to replace the radio unit, it worked for 2 hours and boom, dead again! On the third visit, they replaced the radio and the screen, then the rear seat entertainment started working.

Whenever I connect my phone wirelessly using both direct/Uconnect and Carplay, the radio locks up completely and the damn thing won't turn off, only the phone function works right now, and connecting with cable works fine too.

The navigation system is so messed up too, it freezes and sometimes shows me in a random location like Arizona. I have tried a two-button reset, it updates correctly but during navigation, the navigation still jumps around, pointing to the wrong direction then it locks up again. I dont think this is a phone issue since the phone navigation works just fine even when it is not connected to the car, it seems the phone is getting bad location info from the car.

I have taken it for another diagnosis, and it is been with them for 3 days now, and what they are telling me is that they want to replace the radio again! it is crazy, we have been going in circles with the issue. I am cant even say if it is the incompetency of the local dealer or a manufacturer issue

I am considering starting the process of forcing a refund through the attorney generals office using the NY lemon law, and it looks like Jeep is starting a buyback program, which looks like a way to keep their reputation clean, I have been frustrated! The car is exactly what my family needs, but it is a shame this is happening

How will a $80k car have a worse infotainment than my mid spec 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn. I am tired man
This sucks! Sorry to hear about your experience. It’s frustrating to deal with such issues, especially with a brand-new car.

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back