Wagoneer standard vs heavy duty tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

125M

Reaction score
My Wagoneer needs new rubber coz those stock Bridgestones wore out fast! Looking for something more all-terrain for some light off-roading and cooler looks and I'm torn between standard P-metric tires (lighter weight) or the heavier duty LTs. Daily ride quality isn't a huge concern, but the extra weight of LT tires has me worried about stressing the drivetrain. On the other hand, I do tow a travel trailer (might upgrade to a bigger one) and a stronger tire sounds good for peace of mind.

My Wagoneer needs new rubber coz those stock Bridgestones wore out fast! Looking for something more all-terrain for some light off-roading and cooler looks and I'm torn between standard P-metric tires (lighter weight) or the heavier duty LTs. Daily ride quality isn't a huge concern, but the extra weight of LT tires has me worried about stressing the drivetrain. On the other hand, I do tow a travel trailer (might upgrade to a bigger one) and a stronger tire sounds good for peace of mind.
I switched to Nitto Terra Grapplers 6 months ago and have been extremely impressed! The ride is noticeably smoother than my previous Michelins. So far, they have done well in the snow.

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back