Any Tips for Unhitching Travel Trailer on Jeep Wagoneer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesHird43

Reaction score
So I snagged a used 2022 Wagoneer about a week ago and just took it out for its first spin towing my travel trailer. It's awesome that this Wagoneer has air suspension and a towing package, but I ran into a hitch when trying to unhitch—literally! The back end kept lifting up no matter what I did. I tried the tire jack mode like the dealer suggested, but it didn't do the trick. Anybody know the right way to disable the air suspension for unhitching? Your advice would really save me next time I'm out with my trailer.

Make sure your Jeep is in park with the parking brake engaged and the engine running. With all doors closed, use the ride height control to lower the suspension to "Entry/Exit" mode. Stay inside the vehicle until the air ride system finishes lowering completely. You might hear a chime or see a message on the dashboard indicating this. Once the Wagoneer is fully lowered, turn off the engine. Leave a door open to prevent the air ride from automatically adjusting. Now you can exit the vehicle and check your hitch.

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back