Engine Seized with my Grand Wagoneer!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokkybre2227

Reaction score
Our 2023 Grand Wagoneer with about 16k miles totally crapped out on us last weekend on our way to the store. The engine started acting all wonky like it was skipping beats or something. First we thought maybe it was just the road being bumpy, like hitting rumble strips. But in about 20 seconds, bam, the engine just died. Dash lit up with some electronic throttle body fault and that was it. Coasted to the side, couldn’t get it to start again, not even a crank. Then all sorts of error messages were flashing like a disco on the screen. Popped the hood and smelled like something was fried in there. Car wouldn’t power down or start back up, just kept throwing errors. So frustrating! Had to get it towed to the service center.

And now they’re telling me the engine’s seized. Seriously now??? They’re saying it’ll be over a month to fix, depending on when they can source a new engine. This GW is barely a year old! I’m beyond disappointed right now!

Welcome to the club!! I'm just waiting for my buy back now. They couldn't fix the issue, and my family's safety is my top priority. I think that's the downside of a brand new engine design.

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back