Got any towing upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimboSlice75

Reaction score
I bought a used Wagoneer L Series II 4x2 last week and I’m kinda bummed to see that the towing capacity isn’t exactly impressive. I don’t have the max tow package, and the manual says the max GTW is 5870 lbs and the max TW is 587 lbs. Any ideas on how to boost that towing power, maybe by adding a transmission cooler or something? Has anyone here tried this or got some advice?

So you’re thinking about jazzing up your ride with some big upgrades, huh? Swapping out the rear differential gearing, adding some extra cooling, and throwing in a trailer brake controller? That’s some next-level stuff! Sure, you could get someone to do it for you, but it’s not gonna be cheap. Your vehicle might handle more than the 6,000 lbs you’re aiming for, but decking it out with all the max tow gear is a smart play if you’re pulling a big camper. Alternatively, you could look into a pop-up camper. They’re usually way easier to tow and might be a better fit for your setup.

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back