Help needed with Battery Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tygress_Jane

Reaction score
I just remembered that in the last couple of weeks my Wagoneer has needed a jump to start. I always hear a click noise when I push the start button, and it just wont start. I think my battery needs a replacement, I also noticed water retaining the bottom battery box. Is this normal please?

Just replace the battery. As I know, AGM batteries do not recover from being dead. Go to the dealer. They will make a 4h load test then it will replace the battery with the same brand.

If you press the start button without your foot on the brake and then use the infotainment or nav systems, you risk draining the batteries. Keep the engine running to dodge that issue. You know, dealers sometimes let those batteries die and then jump them to show off the car, but this can lead to a shorter battery lifespan or the need for a replacement.

To protect your battery, think about disabling the Autostop feature, it’ll save your starter from getting worn out every time you hit a red light.

If you press the start button without your foot on the brake and then use the infotainment or nav systems, you risk draining the batteries. Keep the engine running to dodge that issue. You know, dealers sometimes let those batteries die and then jump them to show off the car, but this can lead to a shorter battery lifespan or the need for a replacement.

To protect your battery, think about disabling the Autostop feature, it’ll save your starter from getting worn out every time you hit a red light.
Oh makes perfect sense
Thanks!

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back