How about engine discussion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astratelduin

Reaction score
Swapping my son his Toyota this December and looking to snag a Wagoneer EV when available. For now, he's leaning towards the RAM '24 with the proven 5.7 Hemi, but the new '25 Hurricane has me curious. Anyone out there with experience on the new engine (ENGINE ONLY - how's it drive?) Love Jeeps especially Wagoneer, but never owned a Ram. Hoping someone can say the Hurricane is solid, or if the tried-and-true Hemi is still the way to go.

Swapping my son his Toyota this December and looking to snag a Wagoneer EV when available. For now, he's leaning towards the RAM '24 with the proven 5.7 Hemi, but the new '25 Hurricane has me curious. Anyone out there with experience on the new engine (ENGINE ONLY - how's it drive?) Love Jeeps especially Wagoneer, but never owned a Ram. Hoping someone can say the Hurricane is solid, or if the tried-and-true Hemi is still the way to go.
I recently had the chance to drive a Hurricane engine and compared to the Hemi, I found it to be a smoother and more refined ride. My cousin, who owns the Hurricane, mentioned the gas mileage is fairly similar to the Hemi. Their Hurricane has been running well so far, but I've come across some negative online reviews about the reliability of Hurricane engines in general. It might be worth doing some additional research to see what other owners are experiencing.

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back