Is there anyone who can stream Amazon with hotspot and ATT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theduke

Reaction score
This might be a long thread.

I have trying to stream Amazon or Netflix but no success, just because the hotspot speed with AT and T is about 3-6MPS, and this speed can barely stream YouTube. I can stream Amazon if I connect to my home router then the Entertainment system, but why the hell would I have an SUV just for it to sit in the garage.

It seems Amazon is preventing me from downloading any of its videos to a 2TB storage device. I connected my Samsung DVD player to the HDMI input on the back screen, plugged it into the AC outlet near the floor in the back, and put the DVD player on the middle seat. This should let you play the movie on both back screens, the front passenger screen, and through all the car speakers (and the front screen if the car is in Park). However, you can't use the HDMI or USB inputs under the front center screen to play movies on the rear screens. Those front inputs are only for the front passenger or for playing a CD player through the USB input.

Is there anyone who has been able to stream movies using the 4G LTE hotspot as advertised? I saw somewhere that I can have up to 8 device connect to the Hotspot but I dont think this is a true

I just remembered that a Wagoneer Client Services rep laughed and explained that the video ads showing a family streaming videos in the front and back of the car were done using a home router, and not the car's Hotspot. Quite deceptive I think. This is "false advertising" and could be another reason for a class action lawsuit against Jeep, Cadillac, and other brands that claim this feature works. I called local Chevy, Cadillac, and Lexus dealers, saying I would buy an SUV if they could show me how to stream Amazon or Netflix using the car’s Hotspot. The sales reps admitted they had never seen it work but would try. I never heard back, and they didn’t sell me a car! Lol :ROFLMAO:

Has anyone had success downloading moves in a large USB drive for the family to watch on the rear and front entertainment systems? These screens have been pretty useless to be honest and I miss my old Yukon with the ceiling screen and DVD player for the kids, that system worked perfectly. It feels like AT&T and the auto industry should be held responsible for selling these expensive entertainment systems that don't really work!

I'm thinking about getting a separate 5G hotspot for the Wagoneer. We've turned off the Jeep's 4G hotspot since we canceled the AT&T plan. AT&T refunded us because the service didn’t work. They admitted that 4-6 Mbps is the best they could provide.

Hi, tough situation.
I have experienced a similar one in the past, so I hope you find this helpful.
1. So, the speed you are getting is not ideal for streaming. Ever!
2. I don't think the car's hotspot is really designed for high-bandwidth activities (streaming in your case). No wonder why dealers have no solid answers when they get questions.
3. Instead of a DVD player I would go for a USB drive or external storage, as you said. I read that many users could make it work this way.
4. And as @Cars&$$$ said, a 5G hotspot is the most practical solution. This is what I have done.

Have a good one.

This might be a long thread.

I have trying to stream Amazon or Netflix but no success, just because the hotspot speed with AT and T is about 3-6MPS, and this speed can barely stream YouTube. I can stream Amazon if I connect to my home router then the Entertainment system, but why the hell would I have an SUV just for it to sit in the garage.

It seems Amazon is preventing me from downloading any of its videos to a 2TB storage device. I connected my Samsung DVD player to the HDMI input on the back screen, plugged it into the AC outlet near the floor in the back, and put the DVD player on the middle seat. This should let you play the movie on both back screens, the front passenger screen, and through all the car speakers (and the front screen if the car is in Park). However, you can't use the HDMI or USB inputs under the front center screen to play movies on the rear screens. Those front inputs are only for the front passenger or for playing a CD player through the USB input.

Is there anyone who has been able to stream movies using the 4G LTE hotspot as advertised? I saw somewhere that I can have up to 8 device connect to the Hotspot but I dont think this is a true

I just remembered that a Wagoneer Client Services rep laughed and explained that the video ads showing a family streaming videos in the front and back of the car were done using a home router, and not the car's Hotspot. Quite deceptive I think. This is "false advertising" and could be another reason for a class action lawsuit against Jeep, Cadillac, and other brands that claim this feature works. I called local Chevy, Cadillac, and Lexus dealers, saying I would buy an SUV if they could show me how to stream Amazon or Netflix using the car’s Hotspot. The sales reps admitted they had never seen it work but would try. I never heard back, and they didn’t sell me a car! Lol :ROFLMAO:

Has anyone had success downloading moves in a large USB drive for the family to watch on the rear and front entertainment systems? These screens have been pretty useless to be honest and I miss my old Yukon with the ceiling screen and DVD player for the kids, that system worked perfectly. It feels like AT&T and the auto industry should be held responsible for selling these expensive entertainment systems that don't really work!

I'm thinking about getting a separate 5G hotspot for the Wagoneer. We've turned off the Jeep's 4G hotspot since we canceled the AT&T plan. AT&T refunded us because the service didn’t work. They admitted that 4-6 Mbps is the best they could provide.
Everything works fine for me. I connected my USB to a port in the console rather than the dashboard.

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back