Jeep Wagoneer Series III Transmission Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shibuya San_

Reaction score
Yesterday, while driving home, I noticed our Wagoneer revving high but not increasing speed. When I pressed the accelerator a little harder, it became clear that the tranny wasn’t shifting gears. This concerned my wife because we were still far from home. Luckily,we were near a gas station, so I turned off the engine and waited about two minutes. After restarting the car, everything appeared to be working properly again, and the shifting felt smooth. We're concerned, though, especially since my wife drives this for work.

Experienced this with my Hurricane Wagoneer series 3. Quite disappointing that we're already having major issues with a brand-new vehicle.

So I took my Jeep to the dealer for a scan, and good thing I did! They found a bunch of software issues and recalls that needed to be addressed. It took them about an hour and a half to update everything, but so far, my Jeep is running great. Fingers crossed these problems are fixed for good!

That software update will work like a miracle. If by any chance you detect anything unusual with the functionality of your car, then visit your local dealer for a scan. This may be cheaper than having it repaired when it breaks down.

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back