Rear latch causes battery drains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent007

Reaction score
I just read somewhere that battery drain issues is likely caused by the rear latch. I had a problem with mine and took it to the dealer. I mentioned what I learnt, and they confirmed it! :D Turns out that the rear latch was cycling between open and close causing the battery to drain. They replaced the part and cleared the codes. I am keeping an eye on the voltage meter now because some folks say the fix is temporal, so I’m planning to get a NOCO Jump Starter just in case. If it happens again, I’m definitely getting rid of the car. I love it, but not enough to deal with this again.

I'm experiencing the same issue, and my dealer keeps blaming it on the software update. I replaced my battery, but the problem stayed. I'm going back to the dealer to show them this.

I'm experiencing the same issue, and my dealer keeps blaming it on the software update. I replaced my battery, but the problem stayed. I'm going back to the dealer to show them this.
Yeah you should, and make sure to mention the rear latch issue I had, they might be able to check it for you too.

Back