Upgrading to bigger tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was cruising around with the stock 22-inch wheels with the carbide package, and 33x12.5r22 tires fit like a glove - no issues with rubbing, even when you crank the wheel all the way. There’s just a tiny bit of space near the fender well, but it’s nothing to stress about. Plus, they’re surprisingly quiet on the road.

I'm looking to upgrade to 33x12.5R22 tires. Will it rub? Anyone else here have this same setup?
Good you brought this up because I want to do the same upgrade. I wanted to confirm some things I read. It sounds like they fit well without any rubbing issues, even at full lock. Now I am curious how they will perform in different conditions, like off-road or in wet weather...

I’ve seen others run 33x12.5R22 tires, and some had issues with rubbing... especially when turning or going over bumps. It’s a good idea to check your vehicle’s wheel well clearance and possibly consider a lift kit to avoid rubbing.

Back