Speed Limiting Issues in My 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KilleyKilley87

Reaction score
I’ve been having a bizarre issue with my 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer during road trips. Every time we drive for about 1.5 to 2 hours straight, a message pops up on the driver display saying the vehicle is limiting speed due to high engine temperature. It’s like the car suddenly decides to put a cap on how fast we can go.

The weird thing is that when I took it to the dealership, they had no idea how to fix it. They checked things out but didn't really give any solutions. It's driving me nuts, especially on long trips. Has anyone else experienced this or found a way to fix it?

If anyone has had a similar issue or knows what might be going on, I’d really appreciate some help! It’s a huge inconvenience, and I just want to enjoy my road trips without this annoying speed limiter kicking in.

I’ve been having a bizarre issue with my 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer during road trips. Every time we drive for about 1.5 to 2 hours straight, a message pops up on the driver display saying the vehicle is limiting speed due to high engine temperature. It’s like the car suddenly decides to put a cap on how fast we can go.

The weird thing is that when I took it to the dealership, they had no idea how to fix it. They checked things out but didn't really give any solutions. It's driving me nuts, especially on long trips. Has anyone else experienced this or found a way to fix it?

If anyone has had a similar issue or knows what might be going on, I’d really appreciate some help! It’s a huge inconvenience, and I just want to enjoy my road trips without this annoying speed limiter kicking in.
It sounds like you car might be in limp mode, it is weird that your dealership couldn't fix it. It's likely a thermostat issue, you should probably switch dealers or let your current one know what you found out.

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back