Wagoneer Series II Rear End Noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejayneraines

Reaction score
Hi guys.

My Wagoneer Series II is making this funky groaning noise from the back end when I do tight turns. It’s also kinda bouncing around a bit. Is this just a quirk of the ride, or should I be freaking out and getting it checked out?

Thanks, Ejay.

Hi guys.

My Wagoneer Series II is making this funky groaning noise from the back end when I do tight turns. It’s also kinda bouncing around a bit. Is this just a quirk of the ride, or should I be freaking out and getting it checked out?

Thanks, Ejay.
Definitely, check it out. I don't think though there is something to be scared about. As per your description, I think it might be the 4x4 trac 1. I didn't hear about this problem until now. Ask someone to take a video while you make the turn. Then take it to a dealership and see what is their opinion. It might be the tires or the suspensions. I am curious, though. Write a reply if you have any feedback.

I am in a similar situation. 2023 wagoner S3 the rear diff locks up when making sharp turns in forward or reverse right or left. Backing out of the driveway causes the rear tire to lock and skip until the wheel is straightened out. Had it towed to the local dealer today.

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back