Weird ACC and Transmission Problem on My Wagoneer Series III

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikiViki88

Reaction score
Had a strange issue with my Wagoneer Series III recently and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

I was cruising at 70 MPH with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) engaged (something I use regularly). Suddenly, the ACC shuts off with an error message stating it’s been disabled and needs service. Annoying, but not the end of the world—until I tried to accelerate up a hill. The transmission just wouldn’t shift, no response at all, even when I floored it.

I had to slow down for traffic in front of me, but when I tried to speed back up, the same issue persisted. I had to pull over, put it in park, and then back into drive. Strangely, everything returned to normal after that, including the ACC.

This is my first time dealing with this issue in over 10,000 miles. Has anyone else run into this? I’m wondering if it’s an isolated glitch or something more.

Nothing uncommon. So, considering it got resolved after you switched from part to drive makes me think that it is only a temporary software problem, or a communication issue between the ACC and the transmission (I don't know why, but it made me think about Tom and Jerry. What?!! 🤣).

What I would do if I were you: if this happens again, just note down what you have done in that specific moment. Do you think this might work for you?

Join the Jeep Wagoneer Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back